TRACTOR DRIVER AND GENERAL FARM WORKER
Are you looking for a different type of farming experience within a heavily diversified family farm? Are you looking for a work placement on a gap year?
Come and experience working on our farm that specialises in pumpkins and Christmas trees!
Permanent - 1 August to 1 December.
Foxes Farm Produce are based in Colchester and Basildon, Essex. We grow pumpkins for the wholesale and retail markets and Christmas trees. We also run pick your own pumpkin patches to the general public.
We operate our enterprises amongst a fun and relaxed environment, with high ethics towards our staff.
Permanent - 1 August to 1 December
Tasks include, but not limited to:
• General husbandry of pumpkins, Christmas trees and grassland.
• Excavator work and ditching.
• Farm maintenance
• Regular grass cutting, husbandry and general paddock maintenance throughout the year.
• From mid August our pumpkin harvest commences through to October. Tractor driving for the harvesting of pumpkins, managing harvesting gangs, moving boxes and packaging between fields and stores and carting of pumpkins back to store from the field.
• Forklift / telescopic driving of pumpkins to include
o Loading into / out of store
o Loading and unloading of tractors in the field and farmyard
o Loading and unloading of lorries for distribution
o Grading line movement of boxes and pallets around the store
• Christmas tree harvesting, to include tractor driving, tree tagging, pruning, netting of trees.
• Pick your own pumpkin patch events and setting and decommissioning sites.
• Christmas tree retail site set up and harvesting associated with pick your own Christmas tree operation.
You must have a full driving licence and a proficient level of tractor driving / farm machinery / similar experience, together with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Eight Ash Green, Colchester but using our company vehicles you will be required to travel between our farming sites within Essex.
£11.00 per hour.
For an informal discussion or to apply, please contact Emily French on 07720 888053 / email@example.com.